Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Twisting the Kaleidescope

Twisting the Kaleidoscope

Twisting it reveals different shapes and colors,
Changing perception of the beholder,
Light makes it brighter,
Darkness makes it difficult to see.
But every twist changes the view.
Mine is all tangled emotion,
Confused details,
And missing pieces.

What is yours like?
When you twist the kaleidoscope
Of your mind
What do you see?

I have trouble making out what is
And isn’t real in mine.
Seeing past tangled with present;
Colors are muted
By darkness in my mind
But colors are revealed
Slowly as I heal and grow.

What would it be like if I
Could see into your world,
Your kaleidoscope?

I am curious,
I am healing,
Perhaps one day
I will see as you do.
Perhaps one day
You will imagine
What mine is like
And have compassion for me,
Or not!

The entire world is colorful,
Bright and cheery,
Or it supposed to be.
The future is rosy,
Isn’t that what they say?
Mine is getting rosier
As I learn to see past the past.
Time is all I need,
Can you give me time?
Can you be my support?
Or do you plan to pull
The rug from under me?

Everyone makes their choices.
Mine aren’t always the best.
But I am learning
To cut away
What hurts,
Causes drama,
And learn to live in the now.

The process is slow,
Progress in small steps,
But there is progress,
And I am going to win;
Be victorious
Over my past,
In time!

Twisting the kaleidoscope
Of my mind today
I see bright spots,
People who love me,
People willing to help,
Efforts made on my own
And I am uplifted;
Looking forward to so much,
Trying to let go of the fear
And take steps
To make my life
A better place

Just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment