Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

slow down

Slow Down

I am falling,
damn my stupid Pisces heart,
betraying me again!
I am falling,
and as usual
I fall alone;
feeling too much,
too soon.

Unable to rein
in the wild
Mustang,
Love that runs
free in my heart.

Falling,
I fall alone,
afraid
I will again
chase away
the beautiful butterfly
that has landed
on my heart.

Can I rope
the wild one?
Rein it in
long enough
for the butterfly
to grab hold
and fall with me?

Falling again;
falling alone
makes me fear
the cat lady
I am likely
to become
if no one
ever falls with me.
This is the one
I want to fall with.

For her love is a
slow thing;
not easily caught,
And falling isn’t
her path.
She does not
fall,
she grows into
Love.

And falling,
impatient,
can I stop
my heart,
and let the seeds
she planted
Do their
job,
and grow?

3/12/10

1 comment:

  1. I can slow down. I want to slow down. I need to slow down. But I want forward movement of some kind. I do not want to fall. I want to grow. I do not want a cup of coffee heated up in a microwave that cools off in less than a minute. I want something slowly heated so that it retains the heat and warms me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete