Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Respect Me

Respect me
If I don’t want to be touched
Respect me
Being naked is not an invitation to fondle me
Respect me
I am a work in progress
Respect me
It’s about progress not perfection
Respect me
If I cannot change do not nag, walk away
Respect me
If what I eat and drink is not the best for me
Respect me
It’s my body
Respect me
I have my own friends
Respect me
My happiness does not depend on you
Respect me
If my choice is to feel and express my emotions
Respect me
If crying is better than not feeling at all
Respect me
If I spoil my cat like a child
Respect me
My daughter comes first
Respect me
If you cannot live with me as I am
Respect me
Walk away if you expect me to fit into your mold
Respect me
If I am afraid, it’s real
Respect me
I try and fail more often than not but I try
Respect me
Money isn’t as important as love
Respect me
Romance me even years after we start
Respect me
I’m not ever going to change some things I like in myself
Respect me
I’ll always want to know why, to know more
Respect me
I love hard and break easily
Respect me
Don’t make promises you aren’t going to keep
Respect me
Trust doesn’t come easy
Respect me
My scars run deep, healing is slow
Respect me
I face the pain and walk through daily
Respect me
Accept who I am, not who you want me to be
Respect me

8/16/07

No comments:

Post a Comment